A bit of a hectic week has brought the vote for Player and Goal of the Week for Matchweek 2 to you a teensy bit late. Tuesday was a rushed recording schedule and I forgot to mention the nominations on the air. Nevertheless, here are your choices:
- Eric Dier, D (Tottenham Hotspur) : The transfer from Sporting Lisbon has been a revelation for Spurs as they sit on the top of the table. He scored for his second consecutive game coming up from fullback and was part of a back four that allowed only one shot remotely close to keeper Hugo Lloris.
- Nacer Chadli, M (Tottenham Hotspur): Quick disclaimer: Andrew (noted Spurs fanatic) had nothing to do with these nominations. Chadli's play warranted a second Spur of the three nominees this week. He scored twice against QPR. In the process, he made Rio Ferdinand and the rest of the statuesque back three for Queens Park Rangers look foolish with his well timed runs and movement.
- Stevan Jovetic, F (Manchester City): Liverpool put up a fight against the reigning champs early on but Jovetic delivered two crushing blows to the Reds. The City striker made Alberto Moreno's debut a nightmare, scoring two goals on miscues from the Spaniard. Jovetic finally looks comfortable in sky blue after a rough first season with the club.
Sadly, the videos I had saved for the goals of the week have all been removed. If you can find them, watch them for yourself because there were some real crackers this past weekend.
- Mauro Zarate, M (West Ham) vs. Crystal Palace (1-0, 34')
- Nathan Dyer, M (Swansea City) vs. Burnley (1-0, 23')
- Olivier Giroud, F (Arsenal) vs. Everton (2-2, 90')
VOTE FOR BOTH IN THE COMMENTS SINCE THE POLL SYSTEM IS DOWN! YUP, I'M REALLY KNOCKING IT OUT OF THE PARK THIS WEEK!