Now that the troubles with the poll system have been ironed out, the Bleeding Your Colors Player and Goal of the Week voting are back! The comment voting did not work too well so I am hoping that the reintroduction of the polls will boost participation. Since there were no voting during Matchweeks 4 or 5, I've used the Premier League Player and Goals of the Week from the Barclays Premier League website as our selections. Below is a quick recap of the winners of both categories over five weeks, blurbs about this week's nominees, and then the polls where you can vote on your choice.
PAST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Matchweek 1: Raheem Sterling, Liverpool
Matchweek 2: Stefan Jovetic, Manchester City
Matchweek 3: Diego Costa, Chelsea
Matchweek 4: Diego Costa, Chelsea
Matchweek 5: Jamie Vardy, Leicester City
PAST GOALS OF THE WEEK
Matchweek 1: Wayne Rooney, Manchester United (vs. Swansea City)
Matchweek 2: Olivier Giroud, Arsenal (vs. Everton)
Matchweek 3: Wayne Routledge, Swansea City (vs. West Bromwich Albion)
Matchweek 4: Alexis Sanchez, Arsenal (vs. Manchester City)
Matchweek 5: Angel DiMaria, Manchester United (vs. Leicester City)
This week's nominees for Player of the Week are as follows:
- Saido Berahino, F, West Bromwich Albion: This is the second nomination for the Burundi born striker. He registered his second two goal game against Burnley this weekend in a 4-0 victory. He is tied for third in the Premier League with 4 goals.
- Edin Dzeko, F, Manchester City: The clinical Bosnian scored twice in City's victory over Hull. He seems to always score when his team needs him to most and his second squashed a wave of Hull momentum that the Tigers never could recoup.
- Ryan Bertrand, D, Southampton: Southampton's defense (a league best 4 goals allowed) has helped them rise to second in the Premier League Table. Bertrand is a steady fullback for the Saints and proved his worth against lowly QPR. It doesn't hurt that he scored their opening goal in a 2-1 win as well.
The goals of the week can be seen...sorta...in this Youtube video below. I don't think it'll be all that close a contest as Phil Jagielka may have straight won goal of the YEAR for his wonderstrike in the Merseyside derby.
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City vs. Hull City (7', 1-0)
- Edin Dzeko, Manchester City vs. Hull City (68', 3-2)
- Charlie Austin, Queens Park Rangers vs. Southampton (66', 1-1)
- Graziano Pelle, Southampton vs. Queens Park Rangers (68', 2-1)
- Phil Jagielka, Everton vs. Liverpool (90' +1, 1-1)
| || |
Video Credit: Week 6 Top Goals (WoaHot/Youtube.com)