Hey everyone, no picks today but here's another Pick One Challenge Update! We're still stuck at four! Join the madness today! I've also amended an old rule for this version of the game. Obviously if you don't pick a player for a day you receive a score of zero. But what happens if you pick someone and they're ruled out at the last minute or get injured in practice. In the NBA.com version of the game, if you picked a person and they didn't play you received a score of zero and lost that player for the season. Since my version doesn't conclude at season's end, if you have an injured player or a straight DNP, you'll still receive a zero burger for the day but you will not lose that player for the remainder of your pick one career. I couldn't think of a more crippling thing for a Pick One player than losing Kevin Durant or LeBron James forever because they tweaked their knee in warmups and you were at work. OK, that would only happen to me. For those who are seeing one of these updates for the first time, here are the rules again, with the new addition.
- You can pick a player once and only once. Forever.
- A player's score is Points + Rebounds + Assists.
- A rookie's score is doubled.
- The game runs through the playoffs too & the All-Star Game.
- After each season, the overall winner will get a bag of marbles signifying their victory.
- I will keep a spreadsheet of each pick a participant has made for the duration they want to play. Once you are in and make a pick you are in the database until I shut the game down.
- The game can be modified to allow for sidebets over a month.
- Injuries or DNPs give you a score of zero but don't erase that player from your selection pool going forward.
- Text, e-mail, Facebook message, Tweet, or tell me in person your pick before the first game of the day is under way. If you don't you lose the opportunity to pick anybody from that time slot. Picking a player in a game already in progress will result in a score of zero but won't erase that player from your selection pool.