Here is an overview of how the Cup would work:
The Mogul Cup would be an incentive to get mogul league members to participate in as many leagues as possible. Each league provides its participants points which go towards a pot at the end of the year. The end of the year kitty would be filled by a start of the year fee as well as percentages from various sources over the year that will be spelled out here.
How do you get points? Let me explain.
- Participation in any league gets you one point. You get a point! And you get a point!
- Tier One sports are the NFL and MLB. Winning a Tier One League gets you 24 points, runner-up 16, and the regular season title nets you 8.
- Tier Two sports are the NHL and NBA. Winning a Tier Two League gets you 12 points, runner-up 8, and the regular season crown gives you 4.
- Tier Three sports are NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, English Premier League, and Spanish La Liga. Winning a Tier Three League gets you 9 points, runner-up 6, and the regular season winner will get 3.
- Tier Four is everything else you can think of. From CFL to Australian Rules Football to an all-kicker league, winning a Tier Four League gets you 3 points. Coming in second is worth 2 and a regular season title, 1.
I have all these points, now what the fuck do I win? That is just an easy an explanation.
- To enter a mogul league group, each participant pays a $25 entry fee. All that money goes to the Cup winner.
- Each tier has a Buy-In (One: $50, Two: $25, Three: $10, Four: $5). The Cup winner will take home 10% of all these buy-ins.
- As I spoke of briefly in the first post, one can sell players to other teams. 80% of that sale goes to the owner selling that player. 10% goes to the league champion. 10% goes to the Mogul Cup winner.
More about Mogul Leagues and the Mogul Cup will be coming soon. The first league will be starting with the beginning of next season's Major League Baseball season. Hope to see some of you there!